Kaze and the Wild Masks, a 2D platformer inspired by Sonic the Hedgehog and other 90s side-scrollers, is coming to Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Steam, and Stadia later this month.
Developer PixelHive has released a new trailer for the upcoming retro-inspired game, showing off elements of the story ahead of its launch on March 26.
In Kaze and the Wild Masks, you’re tasked with exploring the Crystal Islands to save your friend Hogo from a curse that spread chaos around the islands. Chaos, Emerald-like gemstones, and Wild Masks that feel a bit like shields that give you the utility to pounce like a tiger, soar like an eagle, swim like a shark or sprint or sprint like a lizard?
It’s definitely wearing its influences on its sleeve. Take a look at the new trailer below.
If you’ve got a hankering for the 16-bit era golden age of 2D gaming, and like your OSTs laced with electric guitars, this game will be a very good fit for you.
Here’s a quick list of features to better explain what this game is all about:
- Unleash the skills of the wild masks to get powers from the tiger, eagle, lizard, and shark
- Uncover the secrets of the Crystal Islands in 30+ levels with over 50 bonus levels
- Relive your childhood memories of classic platformers with high-quality frame by frame pixel art
- Pave your way through a satisfyingly smooth, but challenging platformer
- Refresh your ears with 25+ tracks inspired by the musical themes of the 16-bit era
Kaze and the Wild Masks lands digitally on Nintendo Switch, PS4 4, Xbox One, Steam, and Stadia on March 26, and the physical edition is set to release on May 25 for Nintendo Switch, PS4 and Xbox One.
The post 2D platformer Kaze and the Wild Masks coming to consoles and PC later this month appeared first on VG247.