Paradox Interactive announced today that development has resumed on Surviving Mars, and a new update is coming.
Development is now under Abstraction, and the next update to Surviving Mars will include an In-Dome Buildings pack and a free Tourism Update. The content will release on Monday, March 15.
The Tourism Update is free for all players and revamps tourists, introduces the RC Safari, adds buildings, and more. With this update, players can expect to see some of their most-requested tourism features, such as Holiday Experience rating rewards and consequences.
Tourism Update Key Features:
- Happy Holidays: Tourists will now rate their stay in your colony to determine their Holiday Experience Rating. That rating will determine what rewards, funds, and additional tourist applicants players will receive.
- Movin On Up: Hotels can be built after completing the Smart Homes research to increase tourist comfort and raise satisfaction. Players can also build a Low-G Amusement Park that adds a boost to each tourists’ Satisfaction stat.
- Rover Safaris: Set waypoints at places of interest and let tourists go sightseeing around your colony for increased satisfaction. Players can order an RC Safari from Earth, or build it on their own after completing the Rover Printing research project.
Developed in partnership with long-time community modder Silva, the In-Dome Buildings Pack introduces eight buildings and many technical additions to expand housing and community options. The In-Dome Buildings Content Creator Pack will run you $4.99/€4.99/£3.99 .
The In-Dome Buildings Pack Includes:
- Smart Apartments (Habitats, Large)
- Seniors Residence (Habitats, Medium)
- Large Nursery (Habitats, Large)
- Medical Post (Dome Services, Small)
- Security Post (Dome Services, Small)
- Hospital (Dome Services, Large)
- TV Studio Workshop (Dome Services, Large)
- School Spire (Dome Spires, Spire)
Paradox and Abstraction also revealed that a fully-featured Surviving Mars expansion is in the works and will launch sometime later in 2021.
Surviving Mars is available on PC, Xbox One, and PlayStation 4 and boasts 5 million players lifetime across all platforms.
If you have never played it and are PC users, the game is free on the Epic Games Store this week.
The post Surviving Mars development resumes, content update coming next week, expansion in the works appeared first on VG247.