Warhammer: Vermintide 2’s free rogue-lite-inspired expansion, Chaos Wastes, will be released for PS4 and Xbox consoles in June.
Fatshark today announced that the Chaos Wastes expansion to Warhammer: Vermintide 2 will be made available June 3 on Xbox One and Xbox Series X/S as a free download.
Playstation 4 players will be able to get their hands on it later that same month.
In Chaos Wastes, you will try to reach the Citadel of Eternity, but in the process, you will be leaving your “hard-earned armor” behind you and go back to the basics with just simple equipment that will require skills to use effectively.
You will have to navigate the region without a map and no journey will be the same.
Here’s a list of features:
- Pilgrim’s Coins – Chaos Waste Unique coins that can be traded for godly favor or weapons along the path. A wise traveler hoards them well and spends them wisely.
- Chest of Trials – Those seeking additional challenges while on their Pilgrimage can find them by means of the rare Chests of Trials. Opening a Chest of Trials draws the attention of a monstrous foe. Defeat the foe, and claim the reward.
- Shrines – Uncorrupted shrines can be found in the Chaos Wastes. Heroes can seek the favor of wholesome gods in the form of Miracles & Boons. But, of course, such favors are not earned without sacrifice.
- Waystone Altars – A weapon stash that contains weapons employed by previous pilgrims. Accessible through sacrificing Pilgrim’s Coins. The more Pilgrim’s Coins the Reliquary demands, the more powerful the weaponry to be found within.
- Potions – The road is littered with mysterious potions that offer powerful benefits… perhaps enough to help even the odds on a long and difficult journey.
Released for PC on April 20, Chaos Wastes includes Twitch Integration which lets the audience join in and vote on what will happen next.
The post Warhammer: Vermintide 2 expansion Chaos Wastes hits consoles next month appeared first on VG247.