Pokemon Go Fest 2021 is coming soon, and Niantic has provided information on the festivities.
Pokemon Go Fest 2021 is being held July 17-18, and as part of the celebration, Niantic is knocking the price of tickets down to $5 from $14.99. The ticket is good for both days.
Over the two days of the festival, even those without a ticket will be able to get in on the fun.
The schedule is posted below, courtesy of Niantic.
Pokemon Go Fest 2021 Day 1
On Saturday, July 17, from 10am to 6pm local time, all Trainers will enjoy the following features, regardless of whether they have an event ticket.
Hourly habitats are back This year will feature four themed habitat hours—Jungle, Desert Mountain, Ocean Beach, and Cave—rotating throughout the event. During each habitat hour, certain Pokemon will be appearing more frequently in the wild.
- The Jungle habitat will feature Pokemon such as Scyther, Aipom, Froakie, and more.
- The Desert Mountain habitat will feature Pokemon such as Skarmory, Shieldon, Hippopotas, and more.
- The Ocean Beach habitat will feature Pokemon such as Dratini, Swablu, Alomomola, and more.
- The Cave habitat will feature Pokemon such as Roggenrola, Galarian Stunfisk, Deino, and more.
- Raids on Saturday will feature Pokemon such as Hitmontop, Cranidos, and Deino—plus, Galarian Ponyta and Galarian Zigzagoon wearing special costumes will be appearing in raids.
- Pokemon related to music—such as Chimecho, Kricketot, Audino, and a special costumed Pikachu—will be appearing in the wild throughout the day.
- There will be a free event shirt avatar item.
- Shiny Whismur, Chimecho, Audino, and Tympole will be making their Pokemon Go debut during the event.
On Saturday, July 17 from 10am to 6pm local time, ticket holders will be able to enjoy the following features:
Pokemon GO Fest 2021 is a music festival, and you’re the show director: Help Professor Willow and the team leaders put on a concert celebration by choosing between certain Pokemon to join the festivities. Complete this Special Research for special rewards, including an encounter with a Mythical Pokemon, a shirt avatar item, and an exclusive avatar pose. After you complete the Special Research, take a snapshot for a surprise.
- Pikachu Rock Star or Pikachu Pop Star—your choice will determine the in-game music that will play for you during the event. The Pokemon music producer Junichi Masuda has produced brand-new tracks just for Pokemon Go Fest 2021, including a rock-and-rolling track for Pikachu Rock Star fans, a high-energy electro-pop song for Pikachu Pop Star stans, and more.
- You’ll also get to fill out the rest of your musical group. Will you pick Galarian Ponyta or Galarian Zigzagoon? Gardevoir or Flygon? All these Pokemon will be dressed to impress in special event costumes.
- The Global Challenge Arena is back this year. On Saturday, ticket holders will work together to complete a collaborative challenge each hour. If they complete the challenge in time, they’ll earn a bonus for the remainder of the hour. You can check the Today View to keep track of global progress.
- You’ll be able to complete four Collection Challenges, each themed after a habitat hour.
During each habitat hour, certain Pokemon will be attracted to Incense.
- Jungle: Unown F, Unown G, Ludicolo, Chatot, Leafeon, and Serperior.
- Desert Mountain: Flareon, Unown F, Unown G, Tyranitar, Flygon, and Throh.
- Ocean Beach: Gyarados, Vaporeon, Azumarill, Unown F, Unown G, and Sawk.
- Cave: Umbreon, Unown F, Unown G, Gardevoir, Absol, and Galvantula.
- During event hours, Pokemon appearing in the wild and attracted to Incense will have an increased chance of being Shiny. It will be easier to discover Shiny Pokemon (in the wild and those attracted by Incense) on Saturday than on Sunday.
Shiny Unown F, Shiny Throh, and Shiny Sawk will be making their Pokemon Go debut during the event.
Pokemon Go Fest 2021 Day 2: Raid
On Sunday, July 18, 2021, from 10am to 6pm local time, all Trainers will enjoy the following:
- Sunday’s gameplay will be focused on raids, and some of your favorites will be returning for this epic celebration. Stay tuned for more info.
- Miss any Pokemon on the first day of the event? Don’t worry! All Pokemon appearing more frequently in the wild on Saturday will be appearing again on Sunday during event hours.
On Sunday, July 18, from 10am to 6pm. local time, ticket holders will be able to enjoy the following.
- Earn an extra 10,000 XP in raid rewards when you complete a Raid Battle
- Spin Gym Photo Discs to earn up to 10 Raid Passes. These can be used for in-person raids.
- Complete Timed Research to earn up to eight Remote Raid Passes. These can be used to join a raid from anywhere.
- Pick up a free event bundle containing three Remote Raid Passes. This will be available in the shop on Sunday, July 18 from 10am to 6pm local time.
- All Pokemon attracted to Incense from Saturday will be attracted to Incense during event hours on Sunday.
All Trainers can expect both event days to feature the following:
- All Lure Modules activated during event hours will last for three hours
- Special music created by Pokemon music producer Junichi Masuda will be playing in the app throughout the event.
- 1/2 Hatch Distance when Eggs are placed in an Incubator during event hours.
- Pokemon hatching from 7 km eggs includes Igglybuff, Chingling, Audino, and more.
- Event-exclusive Field Research tasks, special on-map visual effects, and more
Ticket holders can expect both days of the event to feature the following:
- Open Gifts or spin PokeStops to get special event stickers.
- Take snapshots on both event days for a surprise!
- Unown F and Unown G will be attracted to Incense throughout the event. If you’re lucky, you may encounter a Shiny one.
WithGoogle Play as the official event sponsor of Pokemon Go Fest 2021, Trainers can expect surprises and exclusive perks:
- Google Play Points multiplier: From now until May 30, Google Play members will get 4× Google Play Points on all purchases made in Pokemon Go, including tickets. There will also be a special earn rate July 12-18.
- Trainers using Android devices on Saturday, July 17, will be eligible for an exclusive Sponsored Gift to help power their Pokemon Go Fest experience. Stay tuned for more details.
- The print-at-home kit is returning this year for Trainers around the world,
- Trainers in the United States and Canada will be able to purchase a new Pokemon Go Fest T-shirt from PokemonCenter.com. More details to come.
- Also, be sure to check out the Niantic Shop to equip yourself with new limited-edition items. Available for shipping to US addresses only.
How to purchase a ticket
Tickets are now available in the in-app shop.
- In the shop, tap the Pokemon Go Fest 2021 image.
- Tap the Buy button.
- You’ll then see a pop-up indicating that you’ve received a ticket for Pokemon Go Fest 2021.
- After you tap OK, you can find the ticket in your Item Bag.
- A few days before the event, you’ll receive a medal. When you open the app during event hours on Saturday or Sunday, you’ll receive access to the Pokemon Go Fest 2021 experience, including the Special Research story!
- After you’ve obtained the Special Research storyline, you can complete it at any time.
The post Niantic outlines what to expect during Pokemon Go Fest 2021 appeared first on VG247.